Walking Tour of High Street and Moss Avenue with Peoria Historical Society
Meet at the parking lot behind Converse Marketing. Join guide Gary Ebeling as he takes you on a stroll down High Street, first settled by distillers and financiers and others associated with the brewing and distilling industries. You will learn fascinating details about many of the lavish homes found there, from the Easton Mansion/Converse Marketing to the Greenhut Mansion. Continue down the first part of Moss Avenue, one of the first paved streets in Peoria, and home to the second generation of whisky barons.
• Participants are asked to wear masks during the tour and to socially distance from one another.
• Tours will last approximately 1 ½ hours, unless otherwise indicated.
• Tour fee is $15 per person.
• Tours will be limited to no more than 8 participants to assure social distancing.
• Participants should feel comfortable walking 1 ½ miles and standing up to 20 minutes.
• There may be uneven ground at Springdale Cemetery or on public sidewalks.
• Tours will go rain or shine, except in the case of severe weather. Participants should dress accordingly. If severe weather comes up while a tour is taking place, it may be cut short to ensure the safety of the participants.
• Cancellations permitted up to 24 hours ahead with full refund or reschedule.
For tickets: www.309tix.comLocation: Peoria River Front Association